2014 has been an incredible year of global expansion, team growth, industry acclaim and great fun for MOVE Guides. So much has happened since we closed out 2013 with an incredible partnership with Notion Capital, New Enterprise Associates and new angel investors as partners and moved into a new office in London.
We are lucky to look back on a year that has taken us from a small London based start-up to an award-winning SaaS solution that has raised over $10 million to date and supports top Fortune 500 companies and high-growth start-ups to transform employee relocation, on-boarding and global mobility worldwide.
Below, we note our favorite moments from this year and are excited to hit the ground running for a great 2015.
- Announced the launch of the Talent Mobility Cloud, the first cloud solution to support global mobility and bring together companies, employees and global vendors (shipping, real estate, immigration, tax) to enable talent mobility at a global scale. The Talent Mobility Cloud is available for more than 150 locations, offering local knowledge for employees and finance and expense processing across more than 100 currencies.
- Closed over $8.2 million in Series A funding round led by New Enterprise Associates (NEA). Existing investor Notion Capital also participated in the round. The round also included participation from serial angel investor Sherry Coutu CBE, Andy Leaver (ex-VP EMEA and Asia-Pacific, Workday) and David Windley (ex-CHRO, Yahoo & member of SHRM Board) reflecting growing interest in the talent mobility space. MOVE Guides has currently raised more than $10million in total capital to date.
- Expanded into Hong Kong, MOVE Guides fourth office, reflective of MOVE Guides’ growing clientele in EMEA, APAC and the Americas. These clients’ include growing mobility programs like SurveyMonkey and listed multinationals like lululemon and Tesco.
- Won Relocation Management Company of the Year in EMEA and APAC; and won Most Innovative Use of Technology for Global Mobility in EMEA (Runner-up in APAC). This came after winning Relocation Company of the Year (under 10,000 moves) and Most Innovative Use of Technology for Global Mobility (runner-up) in APAC. Judges were extremely impressed by our innovative Talent Mobility Cloud, stating that the company is “a great response to the ongoing changes in mobility.”
- Grew our staff by over 60%, increasing our presence in Hong Kong, London, New York and San Francisco. Our team comes from over 25 countries and speaks over 10 languages.
Don't forget to check out last week's blog post on our CEO and founder, Brynne Herbert's 2014 accomplishments.